Head of Estates
Head of Estates
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Package: Grade 1.
Benefits package includes:
- Car allowance
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 30 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Annual Group Bonus and Individual bonus (up to 10% of base salary)
The Head of Estates will be instrumental in driving a property strategy. You will lead a small team of surveyors to maximise value and exploit the latent potential of the estate. Challenges include:
- Implementing investment policy, typically involving land acquisition.
- Valuation of PLA property assets for a wide range of purposes, including compulsory purchase compensation, development consent orders rating, sales and purchases.
- Negotiate Estates and River Works Licence fee issues and facilities contracts.
- Enhance environmental credentials through the implementation of ‘Greening of the PLA’ and maintain ISO14001 status. Ensure that all projects consider environmental issues and are aligned to the PLA Net Zero directives.
- Build positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders such as Greater London Authority, TfL, and a wide range of tenants and landowners.
Suitable candidates for this truly exciting and important role will be Chartered Surveyors with extensive experience of estates leadership in a similarly complex setting. Experience and skills required include:
- Commercial acumen and track record of ‘seizing opportunities’ e.g. acquisitions/investments.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation & ideally Development Consent Order process.
- Advanced negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills (political, legal, industrial, etc).
- Inspiring leader with a “can do” attitude.
- Willing to ‘roll sleeves up’ and spend time out in the business, truly understanding the assets, people and life in and around the Thames.
If you wish to apply, please email your CV and supporting note to IBrockbank@warrenpartners.co.uk by 28 August 2020.
For an informal discussion please contact Iain Brockbank at Warren Partners on 0845 261 0600.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7 September 2020.