Our aim is to provide a proactive and professional service to assist managers to meet their business objectives and to add value to the overall management of the Authority’s undertaking. We work in a consultative way to determine the best options for managers which also meet the requirements of legislation and which reflect the principles of PLA Personnel and Health & Safety Policies and best business practice.
There are currently six full-time and two part-time permanent staff providing services in respect of 380 staff. The roles within the team are Head of Personnel Management, Deputy Head of Personnel Management, Senior Personnel Officer, three Personnel Officers, Health & Safety Officer and a Secretary who provides administrative support to the whole team.
There is a wealth of professional knowledge and experience within the team.
We cover a range of human resources and employee development issues. The strategic and operational services we provide are:-
- Policy Development
- Industrial and Employee Relations
- Recruitment and Development
- Job Evaluation and Pay Analysis
- Equal Opportunities
- Promotions, Regradings and Resignations
- Re-organisations and Restructuring
- Staff Information Database
- Hours of Work, Leave and Maternity
- Training Database
- Discipline and Grievance Issues
- Staff Welfare and Occupational Health
- Pay, Benefits and Allowances
- Human Resource Planning
- Health & Safety Advice
- Attendance and Sickness Monitoring
- Consultation and Trade Union negotiation
- Employment Law
- PLA Policies and Procedures